It was in 1979 that Industrial Door Engineering started its journey to becoming one of the biggest names in the Industrial and Commercial Door Industry across Northern England and Wales, and the values it held then are still held now. From starting out with just one van and a ‘fitter’ the company now employs over 50 employees ranging from HR, Door Engineers, Marketing, Surveyors, CAD draughtsmen and our mobile engineering teams that are located across the country.
To understand how we think, it is important to know our Mission Statement, “To provide quality bespoke door solutions with the highest level of service across the Industrial and Commercial Markets.” This is something we take to heart and achieve on a daily basis.
Quality is key for ourselves and we have our own Quality and Safety department that not only looks at how we manufacture and install our products but the ever changing laws and regulations that are taking place within the industry so we are always up to date. This has been recognised in our many qualifications and awards that have been presented to us by both the door industry and the Health and Safety initiatives in the United Kingdom. These include:
- Member of the Door and Hardware Federation
- Member of the British Safety Council
- SAFEContractor Accredited
- Constructionline Accredited
- CHAS Accredited Contractor
- ISOQAR Registered ISO 9001:2015
- LPS 1197: Issue 3 (Inspection, repair and maintenance of fire and security doors and shutters)
- LPS 1271: Issue 1 (Installation of fire security doors)
- Altius CDM Vendor Accredited
- Altius Assured Vendor Accredited
- Formed in 1979 with the goal of supplying and installing bespoke door solutions across Cheshire and further afield
- In 1988 after building the business up we purchased our first Manufacturing Plant and moved into our head office at Winnington Avenue, Northwich
- From continued growth in 1998 we expanded the factory to 26,000 sq ft to deal with the increase in demand
- In 2009 we joined the AM Group and became part of one of the biggest industrial and commercial door manufacturing groups in the world
- 2014 saw us acquire NASSAU Industrial Doors of Stoke-on-Trent and welcome them into the Group.
- 2017 saw a further site expansion. Manufacturing plant now covers 32,000 sq ft.
- We manufacture over 1,000 new Roller Shutters each year including Insulated Roller Shutters and Fire Rated Roller Shutters
- We service almost 7,000 Industrial and Commercial Doors over 12 months for a wealth of small, medium and blue chip companies across Northern England and Wales
- We work with major Councils and Public Sector organisations and have done for a number of years
- We employ over 50 people in different roles within our business and have 14 mobile engineering teams
- We have a dedicated office located in Yorkshire where our teams are ready to deal with any enquiries from New doors to Repair Work
- We offer a 24hr a day Emergency Call Out Service with the first hours labour included in the call out charge
- IDE are an ISO14001 Certified Company, demonstrating that our organisation is committed to environmental issues and are proactively working to minimise our impact and reduce waste